Entries for Brandberg Backyard Ultra are open! (Enter here) When: Saturday 29 July 2023. Where: Race village at Brandberg Rest Camp, Uis.
Not quite ready for the ultra? Then enter the Challenge! (Enter here)
Fun run entries are open! (Enter here)
The event will take place on Saturday 29 July in Uis, with the start/finish area at Brandberg Rest Camp. It will take the form of the standard Backyard Ultra, where runners have to complete a loop of 6,706 km within every hour for consecutive hours, starting on the top of the hour. Once a runner can’t complete the loop within an hour or misses the start of the next loop, they are disqualified. The last single runner to complete an entire loop in the given hour is the winner, and the race will end. There is no cut-off. As long as there are runners on the course, the race continues.
The loop route starts and ends at Brandberg Rest Camp and heads out into the conservancy on jeep track, so roughly 90% of each loop is on gravel. There will be a day loop during daylight hours, and a night route on a different course for the night loops. A headlamp is required with sufficient batteries for the night loops.
Three events, same Backyard Ultra format.
- Brandberg Backyard Ultra (unlimited loops of 6.706 km each) N$ 750. Enter here
- Brandberg Challenge (1 to 6 consecutive loops of 6.706 km) Enter here.
- Brandberg Fun Run (only 1 loop of 6.706 km) Enter here
Entry fees include:
- a shot at the winner’s cash prize (only for the Ultra)
- Goody bag (Ultra entries only)
- an event shirt (included in the Ultra and Challenge entries paid before 30 June, Fun Run optional extra)
- the most memorable running weekend you are likely to experience with family and friends this year
- an event memento
- water at the aid station
- aid station for runners still actively participating, with basic runners’ staples such as oranges, bananas, salty baby potatoes, sandwiches, cup a soup, coffee and tea
- a marked and manned course
- emergency medical response on standby
- access to Brandberg Rest Camp’s swimming pool and restroom facilities for the duration of your race
- unique Damaraland backcountry running
- the warmest hospitality only found in Uis
- unrivaled race village ‘Gees’
- and lots more!